Losing and maintaining weight is a challenge to many people and this explains why obesity has significantly become a public concern. Over the years, the number of obese people has nearly tripled. According to the world obesity federation, obesity accounts for $850 billion in health care costs worldwide. Because of this pandemic, researchers and dieticians are spending sleepless nights to come up with remedies like fitness programs and diet, not forgetting what we are looking at today “best slimming teas” in order to fight obesity.
Tea, a native of Asia, is one of the most consumed beverages worldwide. The beverage is made from the leaves of a green shrub known as camellia Sinensis. The beverage is associated with many benefits, from protecting body cells to reducing risks to diseases like diabetes and heart-related diseases. Teas have chemical compounds known as catechins and caffeine that are good at boosting the body’s metabolism. Teas increase energy use for the body to break down fats and burn more calories thus enhancing weight loss.
Among the best slimming teas in this article is; green tea, black tea, peppermint, oolong tea, rose tea, white tea, Rooibos tea, and star anise tea.
Do the best slimming teas really work?
As a matter of fact, with a healthy meal plan and exercise, one can be able to lose a considerable amount of weight using the best slimming teas. According to the research published in the European Journal of nutrition, black tea and green tea can change the ratio of the bacteria in animal intestines. It goes ahead to say that the bacteria associated with obesity decreased while that associated with lean body mass increased with the intake of both green tea and black tea.
Like we have seen above, the chemical compounds in the teas i.e. catechins and caffeine boost the metabolism, and therefore fats are Brocken down more quickly. When you consider changing your morning routine to a cup of tea you may burn about 300 calories. More to this, teas can help to maintain the body weight by preventing the body’s metabolism from slowing down again once you have lost some pounds.
What are the best slimming teas?
In this section, we are going to look at some of the best slimming teas, how these teas are made and above all how the teas work for weight loss.
1. Green tea
Green tea is one of the commonly consumed beverages worldwide. It is derived from the leaves of the camellia Sinensis plant. Green tea originates from China and India and has been desired due to its health benefits over the years. Green tea has bioactive compounds such as polyphenols, caffeine, and flavonoids that have the effects of boosting metabolic rates, improving insulin activity and oxidation of fat.
Having 2 to 3 cups of hot green tea in one day is sufficient to boost your metabolism so that more calories are burnt to enhance the weight loss goal.
See my best green tea recommendation from Amazon
- Brought to you by Whole Foods Market.
- Organic Green Tea has been gently steamed to retain its delicate flavor, aroma, and color.
- Green tea is a natural source of protective antioxidants.
- Some research suggests the antioxidants found in green tea contribute to good health by neutralizing ‘free radicals’ within the body which damage cell health.
- Certified Organic, Certified Kosher.
2. Black tea
Black tea is that which has undergone oxidation. This is where tea leaves of green tea or oolong tea are exposed to air, forming a dark brown coloring which is called black tea.
Black tea has flavonoids that prevent inflammation-induced obesity and lower triglyceride levels and visceral fat stored around body organs. As a matter of fact, black tea has a low-calorie count. This means that black tea has zero saturated fat and cholesterol which makes it good for someone dieting.
My black tea recommendation from amazon
- Caffeinated Black Currant Black Tea
- Tin Contains 20 Tea Sachets
- Enjoy The Tea Hot or Cold
- Packaged in a Beautiful Tin – an Excellent Gift or Party Favor
- Ingredients: Black tea, currants, black currant flavor.
Well, like green tea, peppermint suppresses craving and appetite. It also speeds up digestion and thus helps to burn more calories. This is a key factor in weight loss. The more calories the body burns, the more pounds shed off.
In the study published in the journal of neurological and orthopedic medicine, it was found out that people who used peppermint every 2 hours lost 5 pounds on average per month.
You can get peppermint tea from amazon here
- It is naturally caffeine-free.
If you have ever asked yourself the question; “What Chinese tea is good for weight loss?”, then Oolong tea will be the best answer.
4. Oolong tea
The tea is considered to be the best Chinese tea for weight loss. Oolong tea is best known for the decomposition of lipids. According to the journal of obesity published by a professor at Taiwan’s Cheng gong university, people who regularly had oolong tea possessed a lower body mass index and fat compared to those that had a considerably less oolong intake.
But what is oolong tea?
The word oolong comes from the Chinese name” black dragon”. Like green tea and black tea, the tea is made from leaves, buds, and stems of Camellia sinensis plant. The only difference is that oolong tea is partially fermented. Oolong has catechins that boost the body’s metabolism on fats. It, therefore, reduces cholesterol and the concentration of fats in the body and hence helps in the weight loss process.
One study in the Chinese Journal of integrative medicine found that people who regularly used oolong tea lost 6 pounds for 6 weeks, an average of one pound per day.
Oolong tea from amazon; my recommendation.
- 1. Jin Xuan Milk Oolong Tea has a unique natural milky taste and with no added flavoring.
- 2. Good Weight Loss Tea.
- 3 Caffeine in this milky oolong tea may help you feel energized and build momentum as you exercise.
- 4. Assured quality and perfect service.
How much oolong tea should I drink to lose weight?
Drink 2 cups of oolong tea per day for better results.
5. Rose tea
Rose tea comes from mixing fresh roses and buds of the tea. It is therapeutic in nature. It removes toxins from the body as well as easing the digestive system. This is one way of boosting metabolism and weight loss.
See rose tea pricing here at amazon
- 18 Packets
- Serving Size: 1 bag
- Servings Per Container: 18
6. White tea
To make white tea, the leaves of the camellia Sinensis are sundried. It has ant oxidation properties and contains polyphenols. One study published in the journal Nutrition and Metabolism showed that white tea can break down as well as block the formation of fat cells in the body.
White tea contains caffeine, which is associated with weight loss
White tea stimulates metabolism. Being high in antioxidants, it stimulates the body’s metabolism and this is associated with weight loss.
Check out amazon pricing here.
- Contains 6 boxes of 20 tea bags
- Salada all-natural pure white tea
- Individually wrapped for portability and freshness
- ZERO calories
7. Rooibos tea
Rooibos tea comes from the leaves of the red bush plant. Redbush plant is grown on a large scale in the southern part of Africa particularly in the Cederberg region. Rooibos contains a compound called aspalathin, which is a flavonoid. This compound suppresses stress hormones. These hormones are responsible for hunger and fat storage.
Check out rooibos tea pricing from amazon
- South African made
- 100% Pure,
- It is Natural and Farmer Friendly,
- GMO and Caffeine Free.
- Sustainably farmed
8. Star anise tea
Star anise is a fruit got from the green plant Illicium velum. The tea is made by steeping the pod in a cupful of hot water.
Star anise tea enhances weight loss by reducing fat storage. This is done by improving vitamin and mineral absorption in the body.it is diuretic in nature the tea help to remove toxins in the body and this contributes to weight loss.
My anise tea choices from amazon
- This tea has free shipping on orders of at least $25.00.
- Rich in alkaline
- Delicious relaxing tea with crisp flavor, smooth taste, and a lovely aroma
- High-quality minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants.
- 15 strong quality chemical-free natural tea bags.
What are the dangers of using the best slimming teas?
Depending on the ingredients of the tea, slimming teas could bring about the following side effects.
- Some of the above slimming teas contain ingredients like Senna, which is a natural laxative. According to the food and drug administration, there have been reported cases of cramping, nausea, diarrhea, weakened colon with people using slimming teas with laxatives.
- The chemical compounds in green tea like catechins and caffeine have health benefits. However, in large doses, they can be harmful to the human body. Catechins for example, when consumed in large amounts, may lead to iron deficiency. Young children, pregnant and menstruating women are always advised to take small quantities of catechins every after a meal, not on an empty stomach
- Caffeine may increase the risk of miscarriage and other birth-related effects when consumed in vast quantities by a pregnant mom. On the other hand, too much caffeine from slimming teas can lead to sleeplessness, anxiety, and stomach upset.
- According to food and drug administration, slimming teas that contain diuretics are associated with diarrhea, muscle cramps and dehydration.
Are detox drinks good for weight loss?
Detox drinks are very effective when it comes to weight loss. This is because they aid the digestion process. A good digestive system is important for a healthy weight loss. Detox drinks flush out toxins from the body and give a great boost to the metabolic rate. This will eventually enhance weight loss with proper diet and a regular body exercise.
What are the best detox drinks for weight loss?
Let us look at some of the detox drinks below, how you can make them at home, and more so how the drink works to lose weight.
1. Ginger lemonade detox drink
The drink can give you amazing results when consumed in the right manner and proportion.
It is a mixture of ginger and lemon
Boosts metabolism to burn more calories for weight loss
How we make the detox
- Squeeze half a lemon in a glass full of lukewarm water
- Add one inch of grated ginger
How much and when you could drink
Drink 2 glasses of lemon and ginger every morning on an empty stomach and watch for effective results.
2. Cinnamon Detox Drink
Cinnamon boosts metabolism and possesses fat-burning properties. If you want a flat tummy, this is worth trying.
How we make the detox
- Add lukewarm water to a container.
- Put one tablespoon of cinnamon spice to the water and let it infuse.
- Let the cinnamon infuse for some time so as the nutrients to add in the water.
How much you could drink
Take a cup of the mixture before you go to bed.
3. Cranberry detox
Cranberry is high in antioxidants, vitamin c, and manganese. It helps to detoxify and maintain your body in a healthy state. The drink also cures uncomfortable bloat.
How to make the detox
- Add cranberry to water and blend
- Add I tablespoon of psyllium fiber
- Mix with apple pectin
How much you could drink
Take a glass, twice a day is good to start with.
4. Cucumber detox drink
Not only does this detox drink cleanse toxins from the body, but it also has a nice taste and aroma.
How to make the detox
- Add cucumber slices and mint leaves to water
- Let the mixture infuse for some time
How much you could drink
Keep taking all through the day
You may also have asked yourself the question; Is green tea good for liver detox? Let’s see a few things about the green tea detox drink.
4. Green tea detox
Green tea can naturally flush your digestive system. It is rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. It will not only help your body to increase the production of detoxication properties but can also boost your immune system.
To answer the above question, yes, green tea also protects the liver from toxic substances consumed with alcohol.
Many people drink tea not because of its wonderful benefits, but just because of the sweet aroma, delicious taste and soothing quality. It is very important that instead of going for high-calorie beverages like sodas and store fruit juices, replace them with tea. Tea will reduce the total calorie intake which in turn will lead to weight loss.
The catechins and caffeine boost metabolism leading to weight loss. Therefore, using a cup or two of one of the best slimming teas each day, with a healthy meal plan and exercise, one can be able to boost metabolism and lose a considerable amount of weight more so the harmful belly fat.
If you found this rather interesting; Please also see our article;
Tips for a healthy meal plan for weight loss
1 thought on “The 8 best slimming teas you will find on the market.”
Pingback: The best 12 herbs for weight loss - Forever Super Slim