If the treadmill is one of your best workout machines just know you are not alone, I also get 80% of my workouts from the treadmill. Whether you are a runner or you a fan of walking, the treadmill being at home will save you much.
Many reasons like bad weather which might not favor outdoor running, safety concerns as per March 2020 there is a plague that is airborne or failure to hit the gym for any reason, will want you to own a treadmill at home. And if the main reason for paying the gym membership has been exercising on a treadmill, then owning it at home will end up being money-saving.
With modern technology, treadmills now days offer a lot than just being jogging machines. They suit all fitness levels and give plenty of exercise options to choose from depending on your preference. Treadmills are also able to show your progress of distance covered, calories burned or the heart pulse rate and a lot more to help you work out effectively.
What should I look for when buying a treadmill?
There are thousands of treadmills you can buy online that range from a few hundred to expensive treadmills costing over $10,000. What you should be looking for will be shared with you in this article to help you choose the best treadmill for home use. From what features to look for, best price range and the best treadmill option that will fit in your home.
Many options will be in front of you, treadmills will have different features, settings, and prices which might make it a little bit hard to choose. Let’s take it slow and follow these guidelines.
For a basic cheap treadmill, prices will range from $200 but these tend to offer a bad running experience and will fall apart after a few uses. A standard treadmill’s price that will work will effectively cost at least $1000.
Lowest sound possible.
The best treadmill that will work best in your home is that which doesn’t make a lot of noise. The cheaper the treadmill the more likely you are going to hear the machine whining and making unnecessary noise. When choosing a treadmill, choose the one which emits the lowest sound as possible. You wouldn’t like to be bothered with sound every time someone exercises.
A good treadmill will give you a great running experience absorbing the impact of your run at the same time giving you an outdoor like effect. For a great running experience, you must know that the more money you present for a treadmill will equal the more technology that will be added to the treadmill.
Talking about technology, choose a treadmill that has the latest functions technology can offer. No matter how cheap a treadmill from 2010 maybe, it will never match a treadmill made in 2020 due to technological changes. Pulse, monitors, calorie counters, virtual assistants, in-built screens, and reliable smartphone connectivity are some of the features you must look for to get the best experience on a treadmill.
Easy controls and levels.
You will need a multi-functional treadmill if you want everybody at your home no matter what fitness level to have a great experience on the treadmill. Aim to have a treadmill that has at least ten preset levels and different incline levels for a whole family experience.
The bottom line;
The more money you will throw at purchasing a treadmill, the more functions, and comfortability. Avoid cheap treadmills as they will shatter after a few months of use.
Purchase tip: Our website will always bring you the latest and lowest prices offered.
For a great experience with working out indoors, we think you will also need these;
Best dumbbell recommendations for women.
The best home gym equipment for women below $50.
What is the best treadmill for home use perspective?
1. ANCHEER Folding Treadmill, 3.25HP Automatic Incline Treadmill with Bluetooth Speaker.
- If you a fan of the latest technology and you would like to connect your smartphone to the treadmill, then choose the Ancheer folding treadmill.
- It has got an average price that will give you quality for your price. It carries a maximum weight of 300 pounds which makes things difficult if you are above that weight.
- The 12 pre-set programs to choose from and alternate workouts with a speed range from 0.5-9 mph to give you freedom over your speed needs and intensity.
- The treadmill is equipped with an automatic inclination, inbuilt speakers and a soft drop system to prevent damage to your floor. Talking about technology the phone can connect via Bluetooth to pair your smartphone for easy tracking of your progress. It can also be controlled via Bluetooth up to set and control the system.
2. Horizon T101 Go Series Treadmills.
- What made me fall in love with this treadmill is the fun you have while workout. The ease to connect to your favorite media whether music, movies or any other media you love. It has an in-built device holder and a rapid charge USB port for a convenient workout with your smartphone.
- It comes with Bluetooth connectivity to sync your device with the treadmill‘s integrated speakers to stream media with a vibrant stereo sound. This makes it easy to follow the coach’s direction or tune into your favorite Tv show as you work out.
- The performance is great as the treadmill comes with advanced technology for a better user experience. It is engineered with 3-zone variable responses cushioning system. Like a running shoe, the treadmill provides a soft cushioning to absorb your impact and protect you from injury.
3. ProForm Performance 600i Treadmill.
- It is a high performing and flexible treadmill yet it doesn’t cost a fortune. Equipped with the latest technology and the ability to be folded in case of transportation makes this treadmill classy.
- The treadmill comes with a 10-inch full-color touch display with an inbuilt iFit coach to help you follow personal trainers for a better workout experience.
- It comes with a good cushioning that provides a softer landing to bring comfort to your joints It has a maximum weight of 300 pounds which is kind of a limitation if you are overweight.
4. NordicTrack T Series Treadmill.
- This is a popular brand that makes amazing and performing treadmills. It comes with an iFit membership that is included with the treadmill. This gives you access to an interactive global and studio workout to accompany you.
- The immersive 14-inch HD Smart touch screen display that provides stats, present workout mode and interactivity to control the treadmill.
- It has a spacious 20”x 60” tread belt that comes with a 12% automatic incline-matching technology and a smart speed adjustment with iFit.
- The innovative storage technology is a space saver that lets you fold the treadmill after your workouts to save space.
5. Sole New 2020 F63 Treadmill.
- Whether you are a beginner or an experienced fitness trainer looking for a challenge, then choose this treadmill as it has a lot of levels you can choose from. A 3.o HP motor provides a range of speeds of up to 12mph. 15 levels of incline provide the right challenge no matter what fitness level you are on. It is one of the treadmills that will not cost a fortune yet give a great workout experience. It comes with inbuilt Bluetooth speakers so as you can groove on your tracks as you work out.
- For convenience, the treadmill comes with a tablet holder giving users the freedom of using their smart devices to watch their favorite shows as they workout.
Are home treadmills any good?
Treadmills will offer jogging, running, walking and more cardio exercises. The treadmill will bring the sweat out of you making it a great equipment for staying healthy and losing weight. 30 minutes on the treadmill can burn around 80-500 calories depending on the intensity, your body weight, and gender.
With the treadmill you can do various workouts from running, jogging or walking depending on your desires. Most treadmills have features, speeds, and intestines that will challenge you giving you great workout experience.
What’s great about the treadmill is that you are in control of your workouts. The ability to switch through various speeds and levels. Treadmills are convenient and at any time you choose a workout that is not with the gym. Talk about privacy and safety! Since the treadmill is indoor, you will have no worry about getting lost in the mountains or exercising at night.
To sum up, treadmills are best for people who enjoy privacy and working out from home. Gyms can get crowded or the experience in there can be terrifying. Owning a treadmill at home can change all this. A treadmill can be money-saving since it will not require any subscriptions like how the gym does.
Different levels and speeds on the treadmill make it suitable for almost everybody no matter the level of fitness. And having one in your home gives you a great advantage through convenience, money and time-saving.
Where should I put my treadmill in the house?
Setting the treadmill in the right place is vital as it will increase performance, save space and prevent injury.
A lot of people have unused space in the garage. This makes it a great spot to set your treadmill since that place has ample space and no distractions from the TV or from your family members.
The basement has ample space to set your treadmill, do other exercises and cardio. It is free of distraction and it can be private from your family.
The bottom line.
When choosing a treadmill for home use, choose the one that will be of great comfort to everyone in your family. The one that has easy controls, with various speeds, noise reduction, and a shock-absorbing tread belt to avoid injury.
Try to avoid cheap treadmills as they may not offer the best user experience and shutter after a few uses.
1 thought on “How to choose the best treadmill for home”
Pingback: The best guide on a home gym setup under $2,000 - Forever Super Slim