When working out, we need reminders for our progress. These help us hit our targets faster, know when things are going wrong and also the improvement in our workouts. Fitness trackers will help you know the calories burned, steps taken, your heartbeat and some help with the menstrual cycle for women.
Fitness trackers are devices that monitor and record fitness-related metrics such as distances covered while running, calories burned and some are able to measure body processes like heartbeats. With ever-improving technology, fitness trackers are worn like watches.
They are built with pedometers to count your steps, accelerometers to measure your actual acceleration, altimeters to count your mileage and a lot more features.
Fitness trackers can be used whether at the gym, home or when doing outdoor exercises.
Are fitness trackers different from smartwatches?
Smartwatches and fitness trackers are both wearable tech which are technically different due to the features that are built-in and functionalities.
Fitness trackers have more specialized functionalities of monitoring your health compared to the smartwatches which are for communication.
They come with a range of tools like calorie trackers, sleep monitors, pedometer, heart rate monitor, distance traveled counters and many more. This means fitness trackers have exercise and workout related features.
A smartwatch looks similar to a regular watch but it isn’t mechanical. Instead of the clogs that turn the time hands, the smartwatch has a processor and touch screen. A smartwatch can do a lot than telling time.
Smartwatches are mainly for communication and when paired with a smartphone, they can receive notifications like emails, SMS and calls. They are also able to play multimedia like music or take pictures.
Should I get a smartwatch or fitness tracker for fitness?
Though some smartwatches come with health and workout related features, I would say they aren’t as effective as those of fitness trackers.
Fitness trackers or watches are built for the sole purpose of workouts and this makes them more effective in delivering than smartwatches. Smartwatches are more for communication than tracking your vitals as you work out.
Fitness trackers are also built sweat proof and with effective GPRS to track your movements from points A to B. This makes fitness trackers the best choice for workouts.
What are the best fitness trackers for women?
When choosing the best fitness trackers for women, don’t just choose a fitness tracker just because it has a pink armband. Nice looking fitness trackers catch women ‘s eyes but also you should consider functionality, durability and effectiveness.
Here is a list of my best-selected fitness trackers for women.
Fitbit Charge 3 Fitness Activity Tracker
- Fitbit is one of the best brands that makes fitness trackers for both men and women.
- Touch screen display for navigation around the fitness tracker.
- Measures calories burned, a 24/7 heart rate tracking and a battery that lasts 7 days.
- You can choose from 15 plus exercise modes like running, bike, swimming, circuit training and many more, set a goal and get accurate stats during your workouts to see your real progress.
- Efficient sleep tracking where the Fitbit automatically records time spent active and time while asleep.
- Water resistance of up to 50 meters makes the Fitbit even able to track your swimming workouts.
- Ability to connect to smartphone GPS for real-time pace and distance during outdoor runs, walks or rides.
- Messages, call and text notifications alerts from your smartphone.
Apple Watch Series 5
- With this Apple watch, you can call, surf, text and stream music even without your phone nearby. It gives the advantage if you don’t want to carry a smartphone to workouts since they are distractive.
- From the App Store, you are able to get any apps you want to help you with your workouts.
- This watch has a compass and ground elevation to guide you home just in case you get lost in the mountains or any outdoor during a sport.
- You can listen to the entire Apple music library, podcasts and audiobooks as you work out.
- Although it has no heart monitoring hardware, the Apple watch uses apps to quickly read your heart rate and rhythm.
- It’s very handy with women as it helps you track your menstrual cycle.
- The Apple watch is swim-proof that means it can track your progress even in workouts done in water like swimming.
LETSCOM Smart Watch Fitness Tracker
- A large and stylish touch screen display for easy navigation. With 4 customized displays that make it easier to view time and date, distance traveled and calories burned and message notifications from your smartphone.
- Heart rate monitoring and sleep tracking.
- Records your daily activity such as steps, distance and calories burned. Weekly and monthly stats are also recorded to help you monitor your progress.
- Smart functions like music control, call notifications, 10 alarm clocks, timer, sedentary alerts and many more.
- A quick charging yet long-lasting battery that can be used up to 10 days.
Bellabeat Leaf Nature Smart Jewelry Health Tracker
- A fabulous choice for women who may hate wearing plastic or rubber fitness band.
- Wear it according to your preference and fashion. You can wear it as a bracelet or necklace.
- No buttons or screen, simply wear it and sync with the app on your smartphone.
- The Bellabeat leaf has a coin cell battery that lasts up to 6 months and does not need regular charging. This means it is able to monitor your health 24 hours a day for up to 6 months nonstop.
- The leaf works with both Android and iOS devices. It easily connects with Apple Health or Google Fit.
- Splash-proof natural wood and a hypoallergenic stainless clip give off a stylish natural look.
- Ability to track your steps, distance, calories burned, monitor your sleep, menstrual cycle and stress levels.
Polar M430 GPS Running Watch
- It is perfect for runners.
- The tracker comes with an integrated GPS that tracks the speed, distance, pace and routes of the runner.
- 24/7 activity tracking that includes steps, calories and sleep tracking with guidance to help you hit your goal.
- With an optical heart monitor, the fitness tracker is able to monitor an accurate heart rate without a chest strap.
Fitbit Versa 2 Health & Fitness Smartwatch
- This Fitbit fitness smartwatch uses Amazon Alexa to get you quick news and information. With just the sound of your voice, you can check the weather, set alarms and timers, control smart devices in your home and a lot more activities that Alexa can do.
- Basing on your heart rate and time asleep, the inbuilt sleep score helps you understand better your sleep quality each night.
- You can control your music apps like Spotify, pandora and 300+ songs just on your wrist without accessing your smartphone as you work out.
- The large display touch screen allows a quick glance to help you focus on your workouts.
- HAs the ability to track your heart rate 24/7, steps taken, distance and calories burned.
- You can get calls, text, calendar, reminders and smartphone app notifications when your phone is nearby. The Fitbit also allows quick replies and voice replies on Android.
The bottom line,
With the right fitness tracker, you will be able to achieve more from your workouts. Knowing your progress will help you know when to improve or ween to keep up with the exercise.
If you are in between worlds wondering if getting a fitness tracker is worth it, I would say own one since even some are below$30. You can also read on a blog I wrote about Apps that help you shed those extra pounds.
2 thoughts on “The best fitness trackers for women 2020.”
Pingback: Best stylish gym bags for women below $50. - Forever Super Slim
Pingback: How to choose the best treadmill for home - Forever Super Slim