To be honest, I only take water on two occasions and not necessarily using a water bottle for gym. One; when I am thirsty and secondly when I am eating dry snacks; to avoid being chocked.
I normally don’t take it upon myself to drink water just for the sake of being hydrated. Drinking water not only hydrates your body but also increases your energy levels, boosts your mental health and prepares your body for exercise.
Why do you need a water bottle for gym?
If gym exercises are part of your daily routine, a water bottle for gym is a must-have. With a water bottle for gym, you are inclined to sip often; before, during and after exercise.
During the workouts, you tend to sweat a lot. The liquids that your body loses need to be replaced; which can only be achieved by drinking a lot of water. Dehydration makes you weak, fatigued and headaches.
You also may not want to drink from the unhealthy or dirty water fountains at the gym; so you definitely need to have your own water bottle for gym.
In this article, our best choices for the water bottle for gym include; Bottled joy 32oz water bottle, Bottled joy 1-gallon water bottle, Letsfit sports water bottle, 720 Degree water bottle, Contigo Auto Seal Chill Vacuum water bottle, Zulu Atlas Glass water bottle, Embrava Best Sports water bottle, Iron flask Sports water bottle, and Hydro Cell stainless steel water bottle.
But how do we choose the best water bottle for gym?
Nobody would like to spend a lot of money on a substandard item. That said, the best water bottle for the gym may not necessarily have the best color, shape or the most expensive.
Here are some of the key aspects you should keep in mind before you make any choice for the best water bottle for gym.
A water bottle can either be made of glass, plastic or stainless steel. All these materials for water bottles have their pros and cons.
Plastic is desired by many because it lightweight and does not break easily. However some plastic contains BPA chemical which are not healthy and they are said to be linked to obesity. Therefore choose plastic that is BPA-free.
Glass is also another good material. It is stain-free and does not infuse unwanted chemicals or odors in your water. If you pick on the glass bottle, make sure it has a silicone sleeve that provides protection from shattering. The sleeve also makes the glass easy to hold without slippery worries.
For bottles made from stainless steel, they boost their durability. They also keep your water at the right temperature for a longer period of time. However, stainless steel is heavier compared to either glass or plastic.
Since you are going to be active at the gym all the time, a good water bottle for gym should have a firm comfortable grip for easy holding during the workouts. It must also be of slip-resistance material because the hands always sweat during the workouts.
Make sure the bottle you pick on has a leak-proof lid. Fake bottles will have the water spill on you or inside your gym bag.
This should be designed in a way that makes it possible to drink from the bottle. The push-button mechanism is desired for other options such as twisting the lids. This is because, at a push of the button, the lid opens automatically to allow you to drink the water.
A large water bottle for gym is good so that you don’t have to refill over and over again when you are exercising. On the other hand, it should be small enough so that you can easily carry the bottle to the gym.
The one-liter bottle will be good enough for your gym sessions.
Below are our top best choices for a water bottle for gym
1. Bottled joy 32 oz water bottle
- The bottle is light and designed with straps which makes it perfect for outdoor activities like gym, workouts, and cycling
- It has a wide mouth of about 1.5 inches. this makes cleaning and refilling very easy
- It comes with an 18-month guarantee. this means that any fault caused by non-artificial reason leads to a refund or replacement
- This water bottle is reusable so you don’t need to worry about pollution. this makes it eco-friendly
- Bottled joy 32 oz water bottle is BPA free, odor-free and healthy
2. Bottled Joy 1 gallon water bottle
- It is reusable so you don’t have to worry about pollution
- BPA free, odor-free and healthy
- 1.5 wide mouth for easy cleaning, refilling and accommodating ice cubes
- Comes with 18-month guarantee
- This large water bottle holds 1 gallon of water which is enough to meet your fitness hydration and daily intake
- The built-in handle provides a firm grip and easy transportation to the gym or fitness field
3. Letsfit Sports Water Bottle
- This bottle has capacity markings to monitor your daily intake
- Reusable, therefore, no pollution
- 100% BPA-free
- Made of durable triton material which is shatterproof
- 2inch wide bottle mouth makes cleaning and filling ice cubes easy
- silicon seal prevents spills and protects your beverage from dust
- lightweight, slim design and a loop for easy carrying
4. 720 DEGREE Water Bottle
- The Anti-glug opening reduces spills and can quench the thirst so fast
- It comes with a fruit infuser and a wide mouth that allow you to add delicious fruits and ic cubes
- It is light with durable Tritan copolyester
- Free of BPA, BPS, and phthalates
- Environmental friendly since it is reusable
- The straps and velvety coating allow you to carry
5. Contigo AUTOSEAL chill Vaccum water bottle
- Double-walled Vaccum insulation keeps your water cold up to about 28 hours
- Auto seal button seals the lid between the sips to avoid spills and leaks
- The spout cover keeps dirt and germ off the mouthpiece
- Carrying handle for easy transportation
6. Zulu Atlas Glass Water Bottle
- Perfect for car travel and gym time
- Silicon sleeve and no-slip grip protect the bottle from impact
- The one-touch push-button lid makes it leakproof
- BPA free
- All parts are dishwasher safe so its easy to clean
- Lifetime guarantee protects purchases from authorized retailers
7. Embrava Best Sports Water Bottle
- BPA free
- Co-polyester and premium craftsmanship
- Dust-proof/leak-proof lid
- Tough carry-strap for easy transportation
- Each bottle comes with a free gift box making it a fantastic gift option
- Added shatter resistance durability
- One buying a bottle, you receive free hydration for athletes guide
- 100% satisfaction guarantee. that is to say; you send back the gift if you don’t get the expected satisfaction and get a refund or replacement
8. Iron Flask Sports Water Bottle
These water bottles are made by Iron Flask. Even though we are not directly affiliated with the company iron Flask Inc, we highly recommend their water bottles as they are of unbeatable quality.
- The double-wall insulation makes the iron flask sweat-free
- Keeps your liquids cold for up to 24hrs and hot for up to 12hrs
- Made of 18/8 stainless steel
- 100% BPA free and non-toxic
- Hand wash with soapy hot water
- powder coat exterior ensures durability
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed
9. Hydro Cell Stainless steel water bottle.
- The stainless screw cap creates an airtight vacuum seal which makes it great for travel and adventure
- It is made of the highest grade 18/8 stainless steel which is fully resistant to oxidation and corrosion
- Anti-slip layer powder coating ensures that you hang on to your bottle during a workout
- The double-walled vacuum keeps hot water hot and cold water cold
- BPA and by-product free
- Lifetime warranty
What is the healthiest water bottle for the gym?
Health and safe bottled water are the best if you ever think of quenching your thirst.
But what is a health water bottle for the gym?
A health water bottle for the gym is that which has properties or that which is able to keep the water therein safe and healthy to drink for a long time. The properties include;
- Should have a wide mouth for easy cleaning
- The material should be BPA (Bisphenol-A) free. BPA has been linked to health problems like obesity
- Food grade stainless steel material in case of metals
- The bottle material should not leach chemicals into the water. Glass is a better option here.
- Should not leach bad smells or odors in the water.
Are metal water bottles for gym safer than plastic?
Unlike other materials, food-grade stainless steel cannot leach harmful chemicals like carcinogens into the drinking water.
Plastic, for example, can emit harmful chemicals at high temperatures. This puts you at risk of contracting diseases like cancer.
Therefore metal water bottles for the gym like stainless still are safe compared to plastic.
Are plastic water bottles safe?
Leaving water bottles for the gym in the hot car or exposing them to the hot sun may be unsafe or dangerous to your health.
Disposable plastic bottles release chemicals or toxins to the water when exposed to extreme temperatures. This process is known as chemical leaching.
Plastic material has a chemical compound called BPA (Bisphenol-A). BPA has been linked to health problems like obesity. This, therefore, makes plastic bottles unsafe.
Aim at buying bottles that are BPA-free.
Why do stainless steel water bottles smell?
Although your bottle is food-grade stainless steel, this does not necessarily mean that mold and mineral deposits from water cannot collect on the inner surface. This causes wired smells rather than stainless steel.
You can clean the inside of your bottle regularly using white vinegar. It is good at removing the staining.
Is a glass water bottle for gym better than stainless steel?
Apart from the aspect of not being durable and that they are heavy, glass water bottles are way much better compared to plastic and stainless still.
Glass water bottles are BPA-free and have no metal that they can rust. Therefore, glass water bottles cannot leach chemicals into the water.
Can stainless steel make you sick?
According to the centers for disease control and prevention, stainless steel can make you sick. This is because some metals are toxic.
Stainless steel, for example, contains nickel and chromium. Studies show that nickel and chromium 6 can cause cancer.
Is it dangerous to refill plastic water bottles?
Most plastic water bottles are either labeled reusable or non-reusable.
For those that are not reusable, it is advisable not to refill these types of bottles.
Once these bottles are opened, it gives room for germs or bacterial to settle inside the bottle. If not cleaned thoroughly diseases are contracted.
Secondly, plastic bottles leach chemicals into the water. If you choose to refill, chances are high that you will have unhealthy water.
Apart from the water bottles for the gym, we also have an article about the running sneakers for women; check it out.
During the workouts, you tend to sweat a lot. The liquids that your body loses need to be replaced; which can only be achieved by drinking a lot of water. You, therefore, need a water bottle for the gym to carry some drinking water during gym workouts.
Drinking water not only hydrates your body but also increases your energy levels, boosts your mental health and prepares your body for exercise.
Whenever it comes to choosing a gym water bottle, look no further, choose from our best-recommended bottles, you will see the value for money.
2 thoughts on “Our best guide to choosing a water bottle for gym.”
Pingback: Affordable ankle weights for exercise on the market. - Forever Super Slim
Pingback: Learn how to jog for weight loss. - Forever Super Slim