Before we dive into the best weight loss shakes, most dieticians and nutritionists agree that the best way to help weight loss is having a well-balanced diet and regular bodily activity.
Even though meal preparation is awesome, it is challenging to consistently follow or eat a well-balanced diet and a daily workout routine. This is because meal preparations and workouts require a lot of time, which may not be found with our busy working schedules.
With the best weight loss shakes, the issue of time is no more. Weight loss shakes are mainly formulated to meet your nutrient needs. Therefore, supplementing your meals with these replacement shakes can help with your weight loss goals.
So, what are weight loss shakes?
Weight loss shakes or meal replacement shakes are low-calorie healthy food products that provide your body with the same nutritional value that a well-balances meal would give. They are easy to use and designed for healthy weight loss.
This is because they are high in protein which boosts your energy levels and consequently raises your metabolism thereby enhancing the burning of fats. They also contain dietary fiber, vitamins, minerals, and green superfoods.
The best weight loss shakes in this article include; Nobi Nutrition Premium Fat Burner for Women, SlimFast Advanced Nutrition Creamy Chocolate Shake, Gold standard 100% whey protein powder, SlimFast Original Cappuccino Delight shakes, Fit & Lean Fat Burning Meal Replacement, Protein Powder With Vitamin C, Burn-XT Thermogenic Fat Burner, Orgain Organic Plant-based Protein Powder, Collagen Peptides Powder, and Zhou Nutrition Thyroid Support Complex.
What are the best weight loss shakes on the market?
Having looked at meal replacement shakes and what to consider when choosing them, her is a list of our best weight loss shakes on the market.
- Nobi is one of the best flat tummy burners. It is formulated with the most effective ingredients that aid weight loss for women.
- The BHB formula in Nobi suppresses your appetite and supports fast weight loss, providing non-carb fuel for the brain, heart, and muscles. This helps to maintain energy supply during low-carbohydrate intake.
- Nobi supports fat loss by reducing the feelings of hunger leading to reduced calorie intake and decreased body weight
- The shake has a deliciously creamy chocolate flavor, gluten-free and 99.8% lactose-free
- It is low in carbohydrates
- This nutrition shake curbs hunger for over 4hours
- The nutrition shakes contain 20g of protein, 1g of sugar along with 24 essential vitamins and minerals.
- The 5grams of fiber therein aid digestion
- It offers flexibility and simplicity to make losing weight easy.
- Gold standard 24 gram blended protein consists of whey protein isolate, whey protein concentrate, and whey peptides to support lean muscle
- It has 5 grams of naturally occurring BCAAs which help to build lean and strong muscles.
- The gold standard consists of 3-4 gram carbs, 1-3 gram sugar, and 1-1.5 gram fat, gluten-free, no Sucralose in double rich chocolate flavor
- It is pre-prepared for easy mixability to prevent lumps and clumps
- The shakes exist in different sizes up to 10 pounds so you can take what you afford
- Highest quality control measures are observed so you feel comfortable and safe consuming the product
- Creamy Cappuccino Delight Flavor/ SlimFast Original meal replacement shakes are a delicious way to lose weight
- The shake is a balanced formula packed with 24 essential vitamins and minerals
- SlimFast Original Shakes curb hunger cravings for up to four hours to keep you satisfied
- The SlimFast Plan offers flexibility and simplicity to make losing weight as easy as 1 – 2 – 3
- SlimFast Original shakes are Gluten-free and contain 5 grams of fiber to help promote better digestion
- Fit & lean contains 20g lactose-free protein to support lean muscle & strength
- The shake has 28 whole fruits & vegetables including red beets, kale, spinach, mango, blueberry, pineapple, bananas, and carrots
- It contains 11g dietary fiber, 500 Million CFU Probiotics to support digestive health and to reduce hunger and cravings
- Fit & lean has 26 Vitamins & Minerals including 250% DV of Vitamin D for strong bones
- It has all the natural ingredients like Green Coffee Bean, Garcinia Cambogia & Green Tea – to spark metabolism & fat burning
- Contains (1) jar of 16 ounces of Nature’s Bounty Optimal Solutions Complete Protein, Vitamin Shake Mix and vanilla.
- Supports healthy skin, bone health, energy metabolism, and muscle health
- Provides hair and nail support and digestive health support
- Nature’s Bounty Optimal Solutions Complete Protein and Vitamin Shake Mix contains a nutrient blend that addresses the key nutritional needs
- Every Nature’s Bounty product is subjected to numerous quality tests throughout the manufacturing process to verify purity and potency.
- It is made 1 (2.03 Pound) Orgain Organic Plant Based Creamy Chocolate Fudge Protein Powder
- The shake contains 21 grams of organic plant-based protein (pea, brown rice, chia seeds), 6 grams of organic dietary fiber, 4 grams of net carbs, 0 grams of sugar, 150 calories per serving
- Mix with water, milk, or your favorite protein shake recipe for a quick breakfast or snack drink.
- Ideal for healthy, on the go nutrition for men, women, and kids. These are great for meal replacement, smoothie boosters, building grams lean muscle, muscle recovery, and pre or post workouts
- We simply advise against using a microwave as it may negatively impact the nutritional value of the product.
- It is one of the most important nutrients needed to ensure the health and vitality of your skin, hair, tendon, cartilage, bones, and joints. Around the age of 30, our bodies naturally begin to produce less collagen, and the first signs of aging start to occur.
- Consume in warm or room temperature water. Can also be added to Oatmeal, Yogurt, Soups or Sauces
- Our collagen powder is 3rd party certified by the Paleo & Keto Foundation, and non-GMO verified by the IGEN program.
- Collagen Peptides is a Protein and consuming an excessive amount of protein in the diet may lead to bloating and diarrhea.
- This comes with a 90 days satisfaction guarantee. This means that If you don’t see results within 90 days, simply return your product for a refund
- This premium thyroid complex includes vitamin B12, iodine, magnesium, zinc, selenium, copper, manganese, molybdenum, L-tyrosine, schizandra, ashwagandha root, bladderwrack, and cayenne pepper for thyroid and metabolism support.
- The thyroid complex supports focus and clarity.
- Our Thyroid Support supplement contains iodine to give your thyroid gland the nutrients it craves, helping you wake up more rested and energized.
- This vegetarian-friendly, gluten-free, soy-free, non-GMO formula contains a natural blend of vitamins and minerals that a balanced diet would have.
- At Zhou, we use only the highest-quality ingredients in an FDA certified facility following GMP (good manufacturing practices) so you can be confident that you’re fuelling your body with the very best.
you may also need to know the best homemade smoothies for weight loss.
What should I consider when purchasing weight loss shakes?
Just like any product you may want to buy on the market, it is very important that you first check the product label. In the same way, the first thing you have to do before buying a meal replacement shake is to read the nutritional label. By reading the nutritional label, you can easily tell whether a meal replacement shake is good or bad.
Therefore, good meal replacements shake for weight loss should:
1. Be rich in proteins and low in carbohydrates. (15 to 25 grams of proteins)
There should be a good balance between proteins, carbohydrates, and fats.
2. Have between 200 to 400 calories.
If you consume more calories than what your body can use, the balance ends upconverted and stored as fats. However, when you reduce calorie intake, the body will instead burn up those fat stores for energy.
3. Have a variety of vitamins, minerals, and phytochemicals
Since we are replacing meals with the best weight loss shakes, you should make sure that the shake includes all the nutrients that the well-balanced diet would provide. This is because some nutrients like vitamins cannot be produced by our bodies so we have to include them in our diet.
4. Have a good amount of fiber
This is very important because it gives you energy without excess calories. Fiber slows down digestion which helps you to feel fuller longer.
5. Have fatty acids (10 to 13 grams of healthy fats)
Fatty acids help to lower cholesterol hence reducing cardiovascular diseases.
6. Contain less than 10grams of sugar per serving
When you consume high levels of sugar, more so added sugar, the liver converts into fats. Therefore, weight loss shakes should not contain added sugar.
7. Contain no corn syrup and hydrogenated vegetable oils.
Corn syrup consists of concentrated sugar and hydrogenated oils. These ingredients are harmful to your health and hinder weight loss efforts.
Do weight loss shakes work?
The answer I can give you is “yes”, replacement shakes help weight loss. In one study published in the Nutrition Journal, 90 obese adults were randomly assigned to med fast’s meal replacement program and weight maintenance for 16 and 24 weeks respectively. The results showed that meal replacement strategy was effective at bringing about robust initial weight loss.
Improvement in health-related parameters such as oxidative stress and inflammation was also observed during the study.
How then do weight loss shakes work for weight loss?
Weight loss shakes are low in calories and carbohydrates. They contain a variety of both macro and micronutrients which include fiber, protein, vitamins, and minerals
Proteins and fiber slow down the digestive process or the process of emptying your stomach as well as reducing the ghrelin hormone levels which are responsible for stimulating hunger. As a result, you will stay full for considerably longer periods before your next meal.
All these encourage satiety reducing the amount of food or calorie intake. The reduction of calorie intake associated with weight loss.
What are the advantages of weight loss shakes for weight loss?
1. Shakes are an alternative to fast foods.
For some of you who are busy, having a meal replacement shake on hand could be a good alternative to quick lunch. The shakes are more nutritious than fries or anything you normally get from a vending machine. Meal replacement shakes are free from saturated or Tran’s fats which are common with processed foods.
2. Meal replacement shakes are an alternative to skipping meals
Skipping meals is not healthy and neither does it have any health benefits. It can instead leave you with serious side effects. Skipping meals makes your blood sugar levels drop. This makes weak and decreases your metabolism.
With a meal replacement shake, blood sugar levels remain stable and your body will get the nutrients that it needs.
3. Shakes save you the time of food preparation and calorie counting
Shake require little time to prepare. You can buy it already, or buy the powder and mix it with milk or water. This makes it easy to count your calories.
4. Meal replacement shakes provide what your diets may not provide
The soft drinks like sodas and beggars you pick on for lunch do not provide you with any nutrients. Meal replacement shakes provide a wide range of nutrients that many meals may lack, making them equivalent to a well-balanced meal.
5. Shakes speed up weight loss
With meal replacement shakes, the calories are counted and one knows what exactly goes into their bodies. When you get to know the shake that is convenient for you, with consistency and commitment, weight loss becomes quicker.
What are the disadvantages of using weight loss shakes?
1. Shakes may have unhealthy ingredients
Some meal replacement shakes for weight loss come with excess sugar, preservatives and other ingredients that may be harmful to your body. For example, shakes that are high in sodium may affect your blood pressure is you happen to have blood pressure issues.
2. Shakes don’t help unhealthy eating habits
For those of you who used to eating fast foods, replacing a meal or two with a shake does not change this kind of eating habit. Unfortunately, however much one replaces a meal with shakes but still have fast foods for dinner, the intended weight loss goals will not be achieved.
3. Meal replacement shakes are not long-term solutions
No one wants to eat the same type of meal for their entire life. The same applies to meal replacement shakes for weight loss. Although they are healthy, they are better when you have a pinch. It is not advisable to give up food for an extended amount of time.
4. Shakes can be expensive
High quality best weight loss shakes are normally expensive. They are not the type everyone would afford for an entire week or month or purchasing in bulk. This is every big setback more so if people find fast foods very cheap.
Even though weight loss shakes are nutrient-dense, they should not be used to entirely replaced our daily meals. They should, however, supplement the balanced diet and coupled with regular exercise for effective weight loss.
Subscribe for weekly insights on faster weight loss and good health.